Our Co-op Ends Policy
Like many other food co-ops across the country, Franklin Community Co-op uses Policy Governance as its governing model. In this governance style, the Board of Directors creates policies to guide the General Manager.
A Statement of Ends is a co-op's most overarching goal. Franklin Community Co-op's current Ends Policy was adopted in February 2009.
Franklin Community Cooperative Statement of Ends
Global: The co-op will be an innovator and collaborator in the process of creating a regenerative and sustainable local community, economy, and food system.
- There will be a community that is educated about our food, food systems, health and ecology.
- The co-op will supply healthy, reasonably priced foods--and other goods and services--that benefit the lives of the members, community, and all those who worked to bring these goods to us.
- The co-op will provide a central place for the members and community to congregate and strengthen the social fabric of our community.
- The co-op will foster a positive working environment for all staff while provide a living wage, and excellent treatment of all workers.
- Customers will have a positive experience with each visit.
- The co-op will be an outstanding example of the Cooperative Principles and Values.
We are incorporated in The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, you can view our By-Laws here.