Employment at Franklin Community Cooperative
Franklin Community Cooperative is a great place to work. Our 75-plus talented and dedicated employees are a huge part of our success as a business. We encourage a team-focused workplace that upholds our Ends Policy and Co-op Principles, and we’re dedicated to providing exceptional customer service.
In addition to a great work environment, we offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including health insurance, life insurance, simple IRA, 15% store discount, and paid time off.
We’re seeking an innovative, energetic professional with a passion for creative baking and natural foods.
- Supervise, train, and schedule bakery staff.
- Serve as department manager as required.
- Maintain procedures and policies to ensure production and sale of a full range of bakery products; achieve department goals for sales, margin, and labor expense; develop and maintain optimal standards in quality and service for customer satisfaction
- Experience working in a retail bakery, expertise in development and production of at least one major area of bakery production (bread or pastry).
- Knowledge of or demonstrated interest in natural foods, nutrition and dietary restrictions.
- Ability to work independently and manage time productively.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods, handle multiple demands, work in close quarters and under pressure.
- Strong communication and leadership skills -- clear manager, good listener, strong team member.
- Familiarity with financial statements and a firm grasp of margin and pricing.
How to apply
Email: Please send us your resume and cover letter to Human Resources.
In person/snail mail: We prefer that you save a tree and apply electronically, but you’re welcome fill out a paper copy of our application, or print your resume and cover letter and submit it in person or by mail to
Franklin Community Co-op
Attn: Human Resources
144 Main Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
Applications are also available at both Green Fields and McCusker's Market.
Franklin Community Cooperative is committed to ensuring that all employment practices and personnel actions including hiring, transfers, promotions, compensation, benefits, and training be without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran.